Our little half bath started out WHITE! The previous owners had replaced the original sink with a washing sink. The laundry room is across the hall and doesn't have space for a sink and they must have really wanted a washing sink! I'm not that fancy at laundry, so I knew I wanted it gone. Behind the sink they had a weird white plastic thing on the wall. That made the mirror move up higher which was NOT okay with me. It'd be fine for Dane, but I felt super short (I know, I am super short...), so I wanted to move it back down. They had left behind an over the toilet shelving thing that was ALSO white. Oh, and the toilet was super low to the ground and didn't flush well. Being the guest bathroom, we figured maybe we should have a better toilet. :)
First things first, I painted the walls. I used the same paint that I used in the laundry room (the $5 mistint gallon from Sherwin Williams). However, I ran out so I had to have them match it and get another gallon (not as cheap).
I spray painted the over the toilet shelving and added a few little knick knacks on it. And we got a new toilet that looks and feels a little better! Thanks, Costco.
Dane found a great little sink at DI for around $25. It is a corner sink, so it looks a little silly in there, but I like it much better than the washing sink that shook when you touched it. Someday maybe we'll fit a real sink in there. :) I painted the cabinets white, added some new hardware, and washed it up. Good as new!
(Funny story. One day I finished painting one coat of white on the cabinets and left it to dry. I went to nurse Callie and Brooklyn was quiet for awhile. I asked her what she was doing and she called out, "Painting!!" She was being my helper and painting the white for me...ON THE WALLS!! She was so sweet about it, I couldn't even get mad because she really thought she was helping me. She had helped me paint the blue in the laundry room and bathroom. The one and only mischief she really got into while nursing the baby...)
We took down the towel bar and got just a towel ring. I like it much better. Last thing I want to do is frame the mirror. It's really boring just like that. It's on our long list of projects!
Here are the before and after shots together!



No comments:
Post a Comment