The little laundry room on the main floor was B.O.R.I.N.G. Not that a laundry room needs to be exciting, but I figured I'd be spending some time in there and wanted it to bring me happy feelings, not lonely feelings. Laundry isn't the greatest chore, so I wanted to spice it up a bit! So it became the first room we worked on before moving in.
I figured it was small enough to paint quickly before the washer and dryer came. Sherwin Williams sometimes has mistint paints for $5 a gallon. I found a color I liked and 5 bucks later was on my way! After I painted, Dane laid down the extra flooring we had from our old place. We had just enough to fit in the tiny space.
I found an idea of shelves on Pinterest that I showed Dane and he went to town. (I LOVE having a handy husband!!)
I found the Laundry sign at Hobby Lobby, added the other decorations I already had, and threw an extra laundry basket up there for kitchen towels and wash cloths. It is just the right amount of space to store laundry supplies.
We moved in the day before Mother's Day (which was also Dane's birthday that year) and the night we moved in, Dane came home with my Mother's Day present. It has been the greatest thing ever for a small laundry room! (It folds against the wall when not in use.) He thinks he got it at Ikea, but I can't find it on their website anywhere...
Last Christmas, Dane's parents gave us a deep freezer. The only spot we really have for it is in the laundry room, so that's where it went! It's a tight squeeze, but we make it work. I love having the extra space for freezer meals (or 40 lbs of chicken when Macey's has it on sale for $1.29/pound).
So there you have it. Our little laundry room that I love!!
PS-Someday, we might move the laundry room upstairs. Our neighbors moved their washer/dryer up to their master bath (which is huge...someday I'll blog about it) and then use this room as a mud room for shoes, coats, backpacks, etc. When our kids are older, that will be AMAZING! But for now, it's our perfect little laundry room.


Well Janae and Dane, That was fun! Keep blogging. I love it more than others because we have the same house pattern. So you have given me ton of ideas. You guys are your own Fixer Upper stars!
ReplyDelete