*Disclaimer: This is a pretty boring, lame post compared to others, but it is a project I just finished so I figured I better go ahead and write about it...
Brooklyn, our almost 3 year old, has been sleeping in a toddler bed for the past year or so. She shares a room with our guest queen bed. The past few weeks, she has been climbing up into the queen bed (which is pretty high off the ground) and trying to sleep in there. We figured it was time to move her up to a twin bed for her own safety.
Lucky for us, we scored a twin box spring, mattress, and headboard at my grandpa's estate sale. (Seriously, we've been so lucky.) Knowing that the girls will eventually share a room and want to decorate it, we didn't want to buy new bedding right now. So lucky Brooklyn got mom's old college sheets and comforter. She doesn't know the difference, so it's great!
The headboard, however, I could do something with for fairly cheap.
I took the extra white chalk paint I had from the entertainment center and started painting. I used all that I had left and had to buy one more little can, which is okay because I'm using it for a future project as well. This is after 2 coats.
It took 3 good coats of the chalk paint. Then I sealed it with 3 coats of the wax to help protect it. We put it in Brooklyn's room and she LOVES it!
Someday she'll get a cute room with painted walls (so it won't be a white headboard against a white wall) but for now, she's just so excited to be in a big bed! I found a bed rail on a facebook yard sale site for $3 so now we don't have to worry about her falling off.
Next step is getting her past her middle of the night wake up calls...seriously, anyone else have a 2.5 year old who forgot how to sleep?? My girls go in phases of being amazing sleepers to not being amazing sleepers and their phases never overlap. I'm not sure if I should be grateful that I'm not a complete zombie sometimes or that I'm tired all the time. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment