Before moving in, Dane wanted to tear out all of the wire shelving throughout the house and replace them with wood. We bought our lumber at CR Doors & Moulding in Springville and had them delivered to our place. We used the same place in our previous home for baseboards and trim and they were great and very well priced.
We bought $5 Sherwin Williams mistint white paint because we didn't care if they were a little off and painted all of the shelves before installing them. (By we I mean Dane's family helped a LOT with the painting part while Dane installed and I took care of a brand new baby.) The pantry was one of the first place that got a new look!
It has a lot of space, we just aren't huge fans of wire shelves. I know some people love them, but we prefer solid wood so things don't fall through or won't stand straight. So he took those out and began installing shelves that go all the way up to the ceiling.
Now I know that this looks like a headache to some people. Not everything is in a bin (bins from the Dollar Store). They don't all match. Things aren't spaced out perfectly. But it works for us. :) I still need some help with my organization skills. Or my super healthy eating skills (macaroni and ramen anyone?? They are my 2 year old's favorite foods).
I love that I can keep all my food in one place (besides the fridge/freezer). In our last place our pantry was pretty little so we had food in the pantry, under the stairs, in cupboards, wherever it would fit! We have space in here for food, extra appliances, serving dishes, food storage (still working on building that up...), grocery sacks, etc.
Brooklyn loves having her snacks and cereal on the shelf she can reach. Plus, I love it because she can fetch her own dang food every time she wants to eat. And as tiny as she is, I let her eat any time of day. :)
So there you have it. New shelves in the pantry, a whole bunch of stuff stored in there, and a door I can close to hide it all when people come over. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment